The Lord always makes me apply what he teaches.
Whenever keith/josh/amy/patrick dodson talk about something ....it comes up in my life.
I get to experience it, and apply what im being taught.
like the opportunity to forgive and forget and move forward.
the opportunity to love without expectation.
The opportunity to treat others like God treats us.
instead of doing unto others as they deserve.
so while applying this to my life with a dear friend of mine
[that i honestly didnt think i would be able to call "dear friend" and mean it ever again]
...he tells me of a band,
that turned out to be a mirror image of how i feel most of the time.
i have been attempting to reach out to my boyfriend in a new way.
he listens to a TON of music that he cant stand
that i love because i love it.
so i figured i would try to adapt my ear to his tastes.
because i love him,
i already have somewhat an ear for the hard core/screamo genre,
[thanks to my best friend in HS being in MANY metal bands/working at BLBC]
but it wears me out quickly.
so i am trying to build endurance.
anyways...
this band is totally different from anything i have ever really listened to.
they have awesome instrumentalists who play awesome melodies and harmonies
but the lead singer has a horrible voice.
in fact.
he yells their lyrics outloud
with music in a background
practically ruining the music.
not really a screamo band
but a "hard core" one none the less.
one i relate to.
the lead singer may be obnoxious vocally
but
the lyrics are the most passionate i have heard in a while
and come from the soul.
in fact
they remind me of psalms.
they contain verses a musician only dreams of writing
with a creativity people will do anything to have.
I love how when i first started listening i judged.
then a friend told me to listen closer..
and i heard passion, love, truth, and honesty.
the voice wasn't pretty.
but the words it yelled/spoke
were perfect.
it reminded me that
maybe when we feel like just an annoying yelling voice with
awesome background music that is getting ruined by us
we aren't looking at life the way we should.
maybe we don't have the confidence in the Lord we thought we did..
or maybe our identity really isn't in Christ.
maybe we should stop being so concerned with how we sound
but what we are actually saying.
just a thought.
"you're a door-without-a-key, a field-without-a-fence
you made a holy fool of me and I've thanked you ever since.
if she comes circling back we'll end where we'd begun
like two pennies on the train track the train crushed into one
or if I'm a crown without a king, if I'm a broken open seed
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need
no boat out in the blue, no place to rest your head,
the trap I set for you seems to have caught my leg instead!
I do not exist only you exist"
~mewithoutyou~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment